This surprisingly fabulous recipe stemmed from another late night at work. 10 minute meals are necessary when you get home from work at 9pm and the inability to get to the market leads to Refrigerator Roulette. My favorite! Dave actually cooked up this little number because I refused to make dinner. I refuse to do a lot of things when I am stressed or exhausted - the dishes, put away my laundry, brush my hair and anything else that requires minimal effort. Luckily, Dave stepped up and prepared this in less than 10 minutes with the affordable healthy packaged foods already in the fridge and freezer. And obviously, they were all from Trader Joe's. By the way, if you don't have a Trader Joe's you should email me so we can find alternatives for some of these quick and delicious meals!
This dish looks and sounds simple but packs a delicately bold taste. The tangy sweetness of the goat cheese slices brings more flavor than your typical American cheese slice. And the tapenade provides a ton of flavor and adds the texture of a condiment that is healthier than mayo (ew, gross!) and classes up your burger more than ketchup and mustard (though I have nothing against that red and yellow duo)! In fact, two of my best friends dressed up as ketchup and mustard for Halloween one year in college so they brought even more respect to the condiment industry, in my opinion. But I digress. Go fire up your grill and make this tonight! #effortless
Prep & Cook Time: 10 minutes
Fresh From the Market:
- 4 slices Dutch Goat Cheese
From the Fridge and Freezer:
- 4 tbsp. Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade
- 4 Turkey Burgers (frozen, uncooked)
From the Pantry:
- 8 slices Udi's Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread
- Pop the gluten free bread in the toaster. If you are making all 4 servings at once, you may need to toast a couple of slices at a time. Keep an eye on the toast while you are cooking the turkey.
- Place the skillet over a medium flame and spritz with olive oil spray. Place all 4 turkey burgers in the skillet and heat each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. I love these particular burgers from Trader Joe's for two reasons. They can be cooked from frozen which is amazing for anyone who is short on time, like us. And they are free of extra ingredients and junk - only turkey, salt, pepper and a hint of rosemary.
- Once cooked, stack the toast, tapenade, turkey burger and cheese for the most delectable, healthy, gluten free turkey cheeseburger you will ever have. Make sure to build your burger immediately so the cheese gets nice and melty.
Have extra ingredients? Of course you do! Thankfully, there are plenty of other simple recipes to try!
The tapenade is used in my gluten free chicken sausage and rice or can be used as a replacement to mayo or mustard on any gluten free sandwich.