I love finding a combination of fresh, colorful foods that taste amazing. It reminds me how good food is supposed to taste before it is processed and refined. I came up with this recipe while on a cleanse but will now consider it a go to salad moving forward. It tastes incredible, took me less than 5 minutes to make and left me feeling so full that I could not finish it!
This salad has a delightful balance of colors and flavors. The green apple and strawberries have a sweet taste with a bite. The cucumber adds a neutral, watery flavor but all three have that satisfying crunch and taste. The mint brings it all together with a refreshing aroma, flavor and adds a bit of leafy green to the dish. If you know me, you are already accustomed to using fresh lemon juice and olive oil as a tasty but simple dressing. This beautiful salad reminds me of summer....oh, sorry, my mind drifted off to an sunny island for a moment. #sailaway
Serves; 1 to 2
Prep & Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 c. Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/2. Cucumber (diced)
- 1 Green Apple (diced)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
From the Pantry:
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Super Simple Cooking Instructions:
- Clean your fruits and veggies - then slice and dice! We are halfway done...seriously.
- Now, slice and squeeze a little lemon juice to make about 1 tsp. Since the fruits are already tangy, you don't want to add too much lemon. Believe me, if Miss Heavy Handed Lemons over here is saying to chill out with the lemon juice, you should!
- The olive oil is optional but really makes the dish. If you are cleansing and don't want any fats (which I would not advise), you can skip it. Otherwise, combine the lemon and oil.
- Chop the mint and add to the dressing. Drizzle over the salad and lightly toss and voila - all set!
If you have leftover ingredients, check out these recipes!
Cucumbers: Digestion Aid Detox Smoothie,