It is a big and personal decision to detox or do a juice cleanse. There is a large commitment of time, money and sacrifice so it is something you should research and plan for. One way to reduce the cost and be in control of what goes into your juice is a DIY juice cleanse. That's right, you can do it yourself with a blender! Choose from any of my 7 different recipes below, depending on your personal needs. Also check out my detox cleanse page to get started by reading up on the benefits of a cleanse. Good luck and keep coming back so you can stay motivated as you become your healthiest, happiest self!
Click on any of these links below to check out each full recipe!
Healthy Body & Immunity Detox Juice - Kale, Spinach, Lemon, Ginger, Parsley, Green Apple, Celery
Citrus Detox Juice - Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon
Liver Cleanse Detox Juice - Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Radishes, Ginger
Hydration Green Juice - Watermelon, Kale, Mint, Cucumber, Coconut Water
Stress Buster Detox Juice - Orange, Celery, Parsley, Kiwi
Digestion Aid Detox Juice - Cucumber, Lemon, Mint, Parsley, Green Apple, Ginger, Aloe Vera
Energy Boosting Detox Juice - Kale, Spinach, Beets, Carrots, Cucumber, Cayenne Pepper
Berry Good Skin Detox Juice - Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Coconut or Almond Milk
Bacteria Fighting Detox Juice - Cranberries, Coconut or Almond Milk, Cinnamon
Juicing, Cleansing & Detoxifying
The best part about a DIY cleanse is you are in control! You make the decisions and create your program. Options include:
- Detox Diva or Dude: You are a pro and in it for the long run. You will likely juice for 5 to 7 days without eating any other food and plan to maintain your healthy habits and choices long after the cleanse. Mix and match these juices based on your needs!
- Cleansing Queen or King: This might be your first or second time doing a cleanse because your lifestyle makes it hard to manage. You will either do a straight juice cleanse for 3 to 5 days or you can swap out breakfast and lunch with a juice and eat a light, healthy dinner (check out the foods below). This cleanse will kick start your new habits!
- Juicing Junkie: You enjoy fruit smoothies and juices sporadically as a meal replacement or snack. You want to make smarter choices so becoming better educated about juices and cleanses will help you on your way. You might juice for 1 to 3 days to rid your body of the junk you recently consumed. Try it out and see how it goes!
The No-No List
Aside from self-discipline, there are some additional rules. I know, I know. I promise they are not as hard as they look!
- Alcohol, caffeine (coffee, black tea), soda, sugary fruit juices
- Dairy, gluten, sugar, carbs
- Fruits high on the glycemic index (bananas, dates, grapes )
- Starchy vegetables (corn, potatoes)
The VIP List
Thankfully, for every yin there is a yang! If you decide not to do a straight juice cleanse, these foods and drinks are allowed!
- Green tea, herbal tea, tons of water
- Lean protein and 1/2 c. servings of whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, lentils)
- Fruits low on the glycemic index (blueberries, green apples)
- All veggies, except for starches, with lemon juice or olive oil for dressing
- Healthy, light soups with no dairy, sugar or thickeners (vegetable soup, chicken broth)
- Healthy fats and oils, in moderation (flax oil, olive oil, avocado, coconut oil)
Starting the Day
Start your morning with an 8 oz. cup of water, flavored with the juice of half a lemon or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. This will help alkalize your body, balancing the acidity and getting your body into its healthiest state. Other natural water and tea flavors include mint, cucumber and orange! Just be sure to use freshly squeezed fruit juices to avoid sugar and preservatives.