When you think of a liver cleanse, you might automatically chalk the need for cleansing your liver up to drinking alcohol. But what you may not know is how hugely important the liver is to your overall bodily function. Think of your liver as a filter - like the filter in a dryer or air conditioner. It catches everything and then processes it to leave the body. If you feed your body junk (think alcohol and sugar) then your liver can become an issue. Cleansing your liver and maintaining healthy eating habits will ensure a happier, healthier you! Check out the other benefits of a detox cleanse here. #cleanfilter
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 3 medium Beets
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Radishes
- 2 Carrots
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 c. Water
- Blender or Juicer
- Citrus Press
- Clean and peel all of the veggies. You can buy baby beets that are already peeled and cleaned, if that makes it easier. Toss the beets, carrots and radishes into the blender.
- Slice the lemon and juice half into the blender.
- Peel the ginger with a spoon and cut a 1 inch piece.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and water and blend for 1 minute or until fully juiced. The pulp is healthy but you can run it through a fine mesh strainer if it is too thick. You can also add more water to thin it to a juice, rather than a smoothie.
- Enjoy the sweet taste of the beets mixed with the spice of the radishes!
- Drink immediately, keep fresh in the fridge for 2 to 3 days or freeze for a week.
If you like this juice, try out my other detox juice recipes on the Detox Cleanse page!