Green juice is not only incredibly healthy, but it can taste great too, when made right. If you are looking to do a cleanse, check out this page that will tell you all you want to know about a Detox Cleanse. You can save tons of money by making your own juices at home using only your blender! This juice is my favorite daily choice for breakfast or lunch and brings a smile to my face every time. The lemon and ginger give it a sweet flavor without the sugar and it keeps me full and satisfied. The health benefits of this drink are amazing and can help you prevent disease, the common cold and keep your body in tip top shape if you drink it consistently. So drink up! #healthybody
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Fresh From the Market:
- 2 stalks of Kale
- 2 big handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Green Apple
- 3 stalks of Celery
- 2 stalks of Parsley
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Flaxseed Oil
- 1 c. Water (or more, if needed)
- Blender (or Juicer)
- Fine Mesh Strainer (if using Blender)
- Citrus Press
- Clean all of your veggies.
- Juice the lemon, chop the apple, cut the celery in half and remove the stems from the parsley. Since you are using a blender and not a juicer, be sure you don't throw pits, skin, cores or stems in.
- Peel the ginger with a spoon and cut a small 1 inch piece. Throw that in the blender and add the apple cider vinegar, water and flaxseed oil.
- Blend for about 1 minute to ensure everything is smooth and juiced.
- The veggie pulp is the healthiest, so I prefer to keep all of it in the juice. If you want a more watery juice, run it through a fine mesh strainer to catch the pulp. You can also add more water if you prefer a juice over a smoothie.
- Enjoy your quick, easy and refreshing meal!
- Drink immediately, keep fresh in the fridge for 2 to 3 days or freeze for a week.
If you liked this juice, be sure to try my other detox juices on the Detox Cleanse page!