I can always use more energy - who couldn't?! Sometimes we mistake caffeine and energy drinks as the right source to get us through our day. Those choices come with a harder crash later on, too much sugar and long-term damage to your body. Choosing energy boosting foods will help you sustain momentum throughout the day while also providing your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs. If you like spicy foods, you will love the kick of cayenne pepper in this green juice! If this will be part of a cleanse, check out this page for more information on the benefits of a juice detox. #spicy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Fresh From the Market
- 1 stalk of Kale
- 1 large Beet
- 1 big handful of Spinach
- 3 Carrots
- 1/2 Cucumber
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 c. Water
From the Spice Rack:
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
- Blender or Juicer
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Clean and peel your veggies and throw them into the blender. You can also buy baby beets that are cleaned and peeled to make it easier.
- Add the water and the cayenne pepper and blend for about 1 minute or until fully juiced. If you want to thin it to more of a juice, add more water or run through a fine mesh strainer. The pulp has healthy nutrients so I would opt for the water over the strainer.
- If you want extra spice, sprinkle some more pepper on top of the juice and enjoy!
- Drink immediately, keep fresh in the fridge for 2 to 3 days or freeze for a week.
If you liked this juice, try my other recipes on the Detox Cleanse page!