Digestion is a really common issue for all of us. Nausea, bloating, heartburn and other tummy troubles can really get in the way of your day. If you change your dietary habits and start choosing the right foods, your digestion issues will subside. A great way to kick off this new lifestyle is to do a detox juice cleanse. The combination of cucumber, mint, lemon and parsley not only tastes refreshing, but will also help your digestion. The very low calories of this drink allow it to be a snack or tasty beverage when you have indigestion. If you choose to do a cleanse, be sure you mix this in with other juices so you take enough calories in to keep your strength up. #happytummy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Fresh From the Market
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Lemon
- 1 sprig of Mint
- 2 stalks of Parsley
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 inch Ginger
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Juice
- Blender (or Juicer)
- Fine Mesh Strainer (if using Blender)
- Citrus Press
- Clean and slice all of your veggies. Throw the apple, cucumber and mint leaves into the blender.
- Slice and juice the lemon into the blender.
- Peel the ginger with a spoon and cut a 1 inch piece.
- Add the aloe vera juice and blend for 1 minute or until fully juiced. There is no need for water because the cucumber is so watery.
- Enjoy this light and refreshing juice!
- Drink immediately, keep fresh in the fridge for 2 to 3 days or freeze for a week.
If you liked this juice, check out my other recipes on the Detox Cleanse page!