I am pretty sure I don't need to tell you how to make scrambled eggs. But they can quickly become boring so I am always looking for ways to spice them up. I love the taste of green chiles in my gluten free quiche, so I figured, there's quiche in eggs...why not? It tastes fantastic! Add some gluten free toast, feta cheese and hot sauce and you will literally spice up your morning routine. This is perfect for a weekday breakfast on the go or even a quick and simple weekend brunch recipe. #greeneggsandtoast
Prep & Cook Time: 5 minutes
Fresh From the Market:
- 5 Organic Brown Eggs
- 1/2 c. Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
From the Pantry or Fridge:
- 2 tbsp. Green Chiles
- 4 slices Gluten Free Bread (Toasted)
- 1 tbsp. Almond Milk (optional)
- 2 tsp. Cholula's Hot Sauce (or to taste)
From the Spice Rack:
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Pop the gluten free bread into the toaster.
- Crack and beat the 5 eggs. Add the almond milk if you want the eggs to be fluffier. Add the sea salt and pepper and mix together.
- Put the skillet over a low flame and spritz with olive oil spray. Add the eggs and slowly stir them together.
- Add the green chiles and continue stirring while the eggs cook. Once they are about done, fold in the feta cheese.
- When the toast is done, spread the Earth Balance on each slice of toast. Serve next to the eggs and add the hot sauce if you want an extra kick (you really should, it tastes great!).
Looking for more breakfast or brunch recipes? Check these out!