So you already know that I love lemons. And quick meals. But did you know that I also love olives? And did you know that when you say "olive juice" it looks like you are saying "I Love You"? It is the same when you say "elephant shoe," two other things I love separately (elephants and shoes). I hope you are noticing a trend here - if you like any of these ingredients, you will love this dish for its strong taste and time-saving abilities. And now you know a little more about me :)
I like this dish because it adds new, strong flavors to your standard grilled chicken routine. It can be made with healthy packaged foods when you need it (think: getting home from work at 8:30pm and your stomach/kids/significant other is grumbling). This meal is perfect for another rousing game of Refrigerator Roulette - open the fridge, grab a few favorite ingredients, and create a quick meal. Depending on how much time you have, you can saute or grill raw chicken or just heat up a precooked or frozen pack of skinless boneless chicken breast. And, as per usual, most of these healthy packaged ingredients can be found at Trader Joe's. I promise they don't pay me. #savingtime
Prep & Cook Time: 10 minutes
Fresh From the Market:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Tenders
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
From the Pantry:
- 4 tbsp. Green Olive Tapenade
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- Start with the chicken. Cut the chicken into 1 in. thick cubes or strips.
- Spray a skillet with olive or coconut oil spray and heat the stove to a medium flame.
- If you are cooking raw chicken, saute it for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is not longer pink. If you are heating up precooked chicken, you can immediately add the remainder of the ingredients and heat them all up together.
- Once the chicken is almost fully cooked, add the olive tapenade, lemon juice and capers to the skillet. Lower the flame and stir everything together for 3 to 5 minutes.
- You can serve this alone or over spinach, gluten free pasta, mixed veggies, quinoa - you name it!