Waffles...syrup....blueberries....yum. Strangely, I have always preferred frozen waffles over the ones made fresh from the waffle iron. You can imagine my excitement when I found Trader Joe's waffles that are...wait for it...gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Add blueberries and a little maple syrup for a breakfast fit for a gluten free Queen. Or King. Or Holly :) #violetisturningviolet
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 Trader Joe's Gluten Free Waffles
- 1/4 c. fresh Blueberries
- 1 tbsp. Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- Toaster or Convection Oven
- Toast the waffles on high (gluten free baked goods tend to taste best crispy).
- Once toasted to your liking (be careful not to burn them!), immediately spread 1/2 tbsp. of buttery spread on each waffle and sprinkle the cinnamon.
- Drop the blueberries on the waffles and drizzle the maple syrup.
I like to enjoy my gluten free blueberry waffles with blueberry tea! Anyone who knows me is aware that I am obsessed with tea...hence, my tea cabinet in the kitchen. I picked up an amazing blueberry tea in Bar Harbor, Maine this summer because, come on, Mainers are the blueberry experts!
And speaking of blueberries, they are a fantastic choice to add some sweetness or a tangy taste to any dish. They score a 53 on the glycemic index, making them a low GI fruit which will not spike your blood levels. And they are, of course, a superfood. It just gets better and better.
So enjoy this deliciously healthy breakfast from the freezer. It is a rare find. Oh, and it is Holly approved...